Welcome to our December 2015 blog update.
We would like to take this opportunity to wish a Merry Christmas to all our valued clientele who supported our business in 2015 and those who visit our website.
It's been a busy Autumn for us and we have completed works on quite a number of locations. Listed are some recent one's:
Secondary Glazing on windows in:
Beaumont Hospital, Dublin
Listed building in Synge St, Dublin
Period home in Dun Laoire, Dublin
Private residence on Kennilworth Rd, Dublin
Period residence at Kilcock, Co. Kildare
Apartment at Roebuck Hill, Clonskeagh, Dublin
Ashley Hotel, Coburg St, Cork City
Metropole Hotel, Cork City
Private home, Julianstown Co. Meath
Period residence at Donegal Town
Private home at Bunninadden Co. Sligo
Listed farmhouse building at Killucan Co. Westmeath
Private home at Marino Dublin
Apartments at Donabate Dublin
Apartments at Stepaside, Dublin
Private home at Donnybrook Dublin
Private home at Corrandulla Galway
Private home at Douglas Rd, Cork
Farmhouse at Ballycarney Co Wexford
Apartment at Sallins Co. Kildare
Secondary Glazing & Sound Proofing of existing windows
We have just completed Sound Proofing work on the windows of terraced homes on Dartry Rd, Rathmines, Cowper Rd, Rathmines and at Cabinteely, Dublin where our clients had road noise issues.
On a link Rd between South Circular Rd and Kevin St, Dublin (Henrietta St) we have just completed a Sound Proofing contract on the windows of a basement apartment to enable our client to live comfortably without having to worry about road noise issues.
A Sound Proofing / Energy Saving project has just been completed on private home, which was listed, in Rathmines Upper and on Kennilworth Rd, Dublin. The home had original Single-Glazed Sliding Sash windows in need of Energy Savings. Windows were rattly, losing expensively generated heat through gaps in joints and through the 3mm glass. Our Energy Saving Secondary Glazing System was the answer, using acoustic glass to minimise noise levels.
We have also completed our Sound Proofing work on a refurbished Guest House opposite Merlin Park Hospital, Galway City, where the property owner, Ms. Marian Martyn, contracted us to fit our Secondary Glazing to all the bedroom windows for extra client comfort.
We have completed our Secondary Glazing work on a period farmhouse in Killucan, Co. Westmeath. Our client had considered, reluctantly, removing his perfectly good windows and replacing them. He contacted us through a local replacement window company, whom we had supplied our Sound Proofing Systems too in the recent past.
The windows were the original Georgian-style, single-glazed sliding sash. They had become warped and letting in too much fresh air, so our client decided it was better to ''heat his feet and not the street''!!! The results have been immediate. He and his family now have a much more cosy home and wonderful savings on fuel costs.
Two other privately owned apartments: in Sallins, Co. Kildare and Rathfarnham, Dublin, used our Sound Proofing Systems on their windows to enable a good nights sleep and confirm up to 75% reduction in noise levels in both.
Our most recent Sound Proofing contracts were in The Dingle Benner Hotel, The Lantern Townhouse Guest House, both at Dingle, Co Kerry. We have just completed our Sound Proofing application to all the bedroom windows at The Ashley Hotel, Cork City – with total success.
- Private residence in Mt Merrion Dublin - complete
- Private residence in Clonee Co Meath - complete
- Business premises in Tullamore Co Offaly - complete
- Private residence in Ck On Shannon Co Leitrim - complete
- Richmond Hill, Rathmines Dublin
- Boyle Co Roscommon - complete
- Private residence in Knockvicar Co. Roscommon - complete
- Apartment in Donabate Dublin - complete
- Apartment in Sallins Co Kildare - complete
- A period home in Lucan, Co. Dublin - complete
- Private residence in Airton Rd Rathfarnham Dublin - complete
- Period farmhouse in Annascaun Killucan Co Westmeath - complete
- Apartment in Sandyford Rd, Dundrum, Dublin -
- Offices on Ranelagh Rd, Dublin – complete
- Private dwelling in Sandymount, Dublin –
- Apartments on Arran Quay - complete
- Private residence on Mountjoy Sq North –
- A private dwelling on Richmond Hill, Rathmines - complete
- Apartment in Dundrum, Dublin
- Apartment in Cork St, Dublin (Sound proofing) - complete
- Apartment in Mellor Court, Liffey St, Dublin - complete
- A private home in Dunboyne, Co. Meath - complete
- Private home on Strand Rd, Baldoyle, Dublin - complete
- Home on Coolgarriff Rd, (Sound Proofing of windows) - complete
- A terraced home in Cork City – Sound Proofing)
- A private home on Brookwood Ave, Artane,
- Energy saving on windows in private home in Naas Klidare
- Apartment in Ringsend, Dublin - complete
- Business premises in Kilcock, Kildare
- A period home Charleston Rd, Ranelagh - complete
- Listed building on Thomas St, Dublin
- Listed building in Shantalla, Galway
We are also carrying out on-going Secondary Glazing of windows in The Merrion Hotel Dublin, Sound Proofing on private homes in Carrick On Shannon, Leitrim, Sound proofing on windows in a period home in Ballycarney, Co. Wexford, together with further Sound Proofing contracts on private homes on Ranelagh Rd and Oakfield Rd, Ranelagh, Dublin, together with Sound Proofing of windows on two apartments in Castleforbes Square, Dublin City, apartment in Donabate, a private home in Newtownforbes, Longford and a private home in Lurgan Pk, Galway.
We have just been contracted to provide our Secondary Glazing services at The Lord Bagnall Trust, Castleblayney, Co. Monaghan. This is a Period Building consisting of two floors with more than 20 lovely Sliding Sash Windows.
We are currently carrying out Sound Proofing work on windows for private homeowners in:
- Listed building at Beltra, Co. Sligo,
- Narraghmore, Athy, Co. Kildare,
- Listed building at Ballybrittas, Co Laois
- Castleknock, Dublin
- Pheonix Park, Dublin
- On Victoria Rd, Cork City
- Main St, Buttevant, Co. Cork
- Listed building at Newbridge, Co. Kildare
- Shinrone, Birr, Co. Offaly
- Athy, Co. Kildare
- Main Street, Clifden, Co. Galway
- Shop Street, Westport, Co. Mayo
- Distillery Rd, Westport, Co. Mayo
- Celbridge Youth Cafe, Celbridge, Co.Kildare
We have recently fitted our Flydoors and Flyscreens at:-
- Scoil Mhuire agus Padraig, Swinford, Co. Mayo
- Vasa Ltd, Vicarstown, Co. Laois
- FM Services, Letterkenny, Co. Donegal
- Brentwood Manor, Nursing Home, Convoy, Co. Donegal
- Oak View Nursing Home, Belturbet, Co. Cavan
- Abbeybreaffy Nursing Home, Castlebar, Co. Mayo
- Rye Vale Nursing Home, Leixlip, Co. Kildare
- Moyglare Nursing Home, Maynooth, Co. Kildare
- Community Creche / Playschool, Mayo Abbey, Co. Mayo
- HSE Community Nursing Unit, Ballymote, Co. Sligo
- HSE Health Centre, Collooney, Co. Sligo
- HSE Gurteen health Centre, Gurteen, Co. Sligo
- Tavanagh Meats, Glasson, Co. Westmeath,
- Little Rascals Creche, Roscommon,
- Sligo Community Training Centre, Sligo,
- Corrib Oil Swinford, Co. Mayo
- Corrib Oil Tuam, Co. Galway
- Corrib Oil Ballinrobe, Co. Mayo
- Corrib Oil Louisburgh, Co. Mayo
- Corrib Oil Westport, Co. Mayo
- Corrib Oil Castlerea, Roscommon
- Merrion Hotel, Dublin,
- HSE-UCHG Galway,
- HSE-Mayo General Hospital, Castlebar, Co. Mayo
- HSE-Ballina District Hospital, Co. Mayo
- HSE-Belmullet Hospital, Co. Mayo
- HSE-McBride Home Westport, Co. Mayo
- HSE-Dalton Home Claremorris, Co. Mayo
- HSE-St Josephs Hospital Stranorlar, Co. Donegal
- HSE-St Josephs Hospital Carndonagh, Co. Donegal
- HSE-Lifford Community Hospital, Co. Donegal
- HSE-Swinford District Hospital, Co. Mayo
- HSE-St Johns Hospital Sligo,
- HSE-Temple St Children's Hospital, Dublin
- HSE-Letterkenny General Hospital, Co. Donegal
- Torrino's Restaurant, Westport, Co. Mayo
- Neptune Stores Ice Cream Parlour, Strandhill, Sligo
- The Waterfront Restaurant, Enniscrone, Co. Sligo
- The Crossroads Inn, Keel, Achill, Co. Mayo
- Morans Restaurant, Western Cycleway, Mulranny, Co. Mayo
We have been contracted to fit our patented Flyscreens in a private country farmhouse in Co. Westmeath, a period house in Knockgriffin, Middleton, Co. Cork, workshop floor area of 'Aptar' ltd, Ballinasloe, windows and doors in a private dwelling in Limerick City, draughtpoofing of a home in Adare, Co. Limerick, fly screening of windows in a woodland area in Castlemaine, Co. Kerry, Flyscreens and Flydoors for thriving family-run businesses (McGuire's Boxty Ltd) in Killala, Co. Mayo, a Crèche in Headford, Co. Galway and a farming business in Vicarstown, to surpass all 2001 EU HACCP, FSAI & Global Food & Dept of Agriculture Hygiene Regulation requirements.
We have been contracted to carry out Flyscreening work for the HSE at locations in Dublin - in Temple St Children's Hospital in Dublin - in Donegal at St Josephs Hospital, Stranorlar, Letterkenny General Hospital, Killybegs Hospital, St Josephs Hospital Carndonagh - in Mayo at Mayo General Hospital, Castlebar, several Day Care Centres and community hospitals in Ballina, Swinford, Westport and Belmullet.
We are delighted to confirm that we have just fitted our 100th
'' Storm Door''
- a refined powder-coated, colour- coded aluminium screen, usually fitted onto its own extension framing, which can be fitted outside of any door to help protect the existing door from the elements is now available.
The Storm Door can eliminate the possibility of having to change your beautiful hardwood door.
The Storm Door is fitted independently of the existing door (on drop-pin cast steel hinges) and can be removed easily for the summer months if necessary.
*For images and other detail please refer to our 'Images Gallery'.
Our quality ''retrofitted'' door draught-proofing system has been the choice of professionals since 1989 and continues to be the most successful available in Ireland.
An elastomeric sheath, which has the most tolerance of any product of its kind on the market, it moulds to the contours of the door/ s even on arched doors makes it the ideal retrofitting choice. Housed in a uPVC carrier, it is available in a choice of white or brown to match most wooden doors and the use of stainless steel pins instead of screws ensures no rusting. To combat the problem of draughts under doors we have a selection of uPVC carriers with differing lengths of brushing to suit most situations. The carrier is fixed onto the bottom of the door with concealed fixings in a choice of colours - currently brown, white, pine and wood-grain.
Many of our Secondary Glazing contracts work includes fitting of our retrofitted door seals onto existing wooden doors to complete the picture. Available in a choice of colours to match existing decor!!
‘’The most flexible door seal on the market today’’